Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pictures from my latest visit to Tijuana Mexico

Score
I met this kid in tijuana while I was there last spring...I was with a group from Oregon State building a house for a family...this kid along with many others would show up on the job site every day we were there....they were soooooo fun to interact with. This kid (Score-his street name/Brandon-his real name) would rap for us every once and a while...i had no clue what he was saying...but it was tight. He never wanted his picture taken...but one time before we left he let me take a few...


Two men in TJ Mexico
During a hard days work of construction...the group i went with to Tijuana built a 1 story 4 room house for the guy on the left along for his family of 8. Before they were living in a 1 room shack that actually burnt down prior to us building them a new one...


Jesus
I have a bunch of pictures of Jesus from my last visit to Tijuana Mexico. He was such a fun kid to be around...he thought he was spiderman! Everytime I tried to capture him acting like spiderman he just gave me this blank stare! It was hilarious! I have about 20 pictures of him making this face, and none of him acting like spiderman! haha...


School Boy Walking Home
I stopped this boy on his way home from school one day and we played keep away with the basketball. Following that day he would always find me after school and we would play keep away with each other...playing keep away on the streets in Tijuana is really hard! As you can see there are rocks and divot's all over! There was no basketball courts or even pavement/asphault for us to play on. This kid's family could only afford to get him one pair of shoes...and as you can see, he chose soccer cleets! Thats what he wanted and he wore them 24/7!



Hope you enjoyed...have a great day!

No comments: